Makes 4 servings
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
28 medium shrimps
1/4 cup of frozen corn niblets
1 tbsp butter
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
Extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp Miracle Whip
4 fresh mint leaves
Salt and pepper
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of nutmeg.
2. Beat eggs. Warm butter and mix into milk, then mix into eggs.
3. Mix egg mixture and 3/4 cup water into flour mixture until smooth.
4. Heat frying pan on high with small amount of butter.
5. Spoon in batter and turn heat to medium. Flip only once.
6. Repeat to make 4 crepes.
1. Remove the shells from the shrimp and cook in boiling water with salt and rosemary.
2. When cooked, rinse shrimp with cold water and pat dry.
1. Heat frying pan on high and add small amount of olive oil.
2. Caramelize finely chopped onion and garlic.
3. Add corn niblets until cooked, then set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together Miracle Whip, finely chopped mint leaves, a dash of cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Add corn mix to this and mix well.
Putting it together:
1. Place a crepe on a large dish.
2. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of sauce and spread in a line on the crepe.
3. Arrange 7 shrimps on top of the sauce.
4. Fold crepes and flip over. Garnish plate with mint leaves and fresh fruit.
5. Repeat for the remaining crepes.
Back to Emily's Recipe Book