1/2 cup flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp black cardamom powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
zest of one lime
1 tbsp olive oil
Vanilla ice cream
1. Sift together dry ingredients of flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom, nutmeg, and lime zest.
2. Break one egg into center of dry ingredients, and add milk and vanilla.
3. Stir gently with a whisk until all ingredients combined.
4. Let mixture rest a few minutes before cooking.
5. Coat pan lightly with olive oil and turn to medium heat.
6. Spoon in batter in single soup spoon sizes.
7. Once bubbles start popping out of the top of the pancakes, flip them gently once.
8. Arrange 3 mini pancakes in an elongated bowl, and top with vanilla ice cream.
Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!
Back to Emily's Recipe Book