This is a variation from my basic cheesecake recipe.
Ingredients for crust:
1 cup crushed graham crackers
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp margarine
Ingredients for filling:
1 250g package of Philly spreadable cream cheese
1 250g package of Philly cream cheese
1 mango, finely chopped
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp mango extract
Ingredients for glaze:
1-1/2 tbsp gelatin
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp mango extract
1 mango, sliced
1. Combine crust ingredients (crushed graham crackers, sugar, margarine) well with a fork, then press into bottom of a 7" spring-loaded cake tray.
2. Separate egg whites and yolks. Whip egg whites into stiff peaks.
3. Soften the harder block of cream cheese, then mix together with the spreadable cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, mango extract, and egg yolks.
4. Fold in chopped mango and egg whites.
5. Pour mixture on top of crust.
6. Bake at 360 degrees for 30 minutes.
7. Allow cake to cool.
8. Boil 1 cup water, and dissolve the gelatin and sugar in it.
9. Add 1 tsp mango extract to the gelatin mixture.
10. Arrange mango slices over the cake.
11. Once cooled (but not set), pour Jell-O mixture over the cake to embed the mango slices.
12. Allow glaze to set in refridgerator at least 3 hours before serving.
13. Finally, carefully remove cake from the tray.
Back to Emily's Recipe Book