Also tastes great with beef. I like this especially over brown rice or wild rice. One variation, I put portabello mushroom slivers in the sauce.
4 lamb chops (or a beef tenderloin steak)
1 clove garlic
2-3 slices of ginger
5-6 fresh mint leaves
Bay leaf powder
3 tbsp premade bottled pasta sauce
Olive oil-based margarine (or butter)
Salt and pepper
1. Season the chops with salt, pepper, bay leaf powder, rosemary powder, dried basil, and finely chopped garlic and ginger.
2. Heat frying pan on high with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp margarine.
3. Sear chops until cooked, then set aside.
1. Reduce heat to medium and add 3 tbsp pasta sauce.
2. Let simmer for a minute.
3. Remove pan from heat and add most of finely chopped mint leaves.
4. Place back on heat and mix well, allowing to bubble only slightly for a few seconds.
5. Pour sauce back over meat.
Back to Emily's Recipe Book