1 cup orzo pasta
3 snow crab legs
1/2 cup coarsely chopped red spinach
1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
2 tbsp chopped scallions
1 small cube of ginger
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
2 springs of fresh sage
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Roast pine nuts lightly on a pan until lightly browned. Put aside.
2. Lightly beat one egg, then cook very thinly on a lightly oiled pan. Cut into thin strings. Put aside.
3. Submerse crab legs with shells in enough boiling water to cover them.
4. Cook crabs on medium heat for 30 minutes.
5. Take out the crab legs, and cut open to pull out the flesh. Put aside the flesh.
6. Replace the shells in the broth with ginger, rosemary, and sage.
7. Continue cooking broth for another 30 minutes.
8. Strain out the solids from the broth, and add orzo to broth.
9. Cook orzo until al dente and broth absorbed.
10. In a pan, combine the olive oil and butter, and heat until lightly browned.
11. Pour oil mixture into pot with orzo, mix well.
12. On high heat, add red spinach, scallions, and egg strips.
13. Turn down heat once spinach wilted, then add pine nuts and mix together.
Back to Emily's Recipe Book