75g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
1 cup 2% milk
2 tbsp granulated sugar
4 tsp gelatin powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare a small pot of boiling water and suspend a metal bowl over the pot (not touching the water).
2. Chop the chocolate loosely, then pour into the suspended bowl and wisk gently until smooth. Turn off heat.
3. In a separate bowl, combine milk and gelatin, mixing well.
4. Gently wisk sugar into chocolate mix, then the milk, egg yolk, and vanilla.
5. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
6. Take the bowl of chocolate off the stove onto the counter.
7. Gently fold in the egg whites until well combined.
8. Divide mixture into 3 glass bowls.
9. Refridgerate until solid.
10. When ready to serve, dip the bowl briefly in hot water to release the mousse.
11. Flip mousse onto a plate, then decorate with vanilla ice cream and berries.
Makes 3 servings. Enjoy!
Back to Emily's Recipe Book