I make this both with or without the chili, depending on if you like heat.
It's much better with, though. I also didn't add any salt in the recipe,
since I've gotten into the whole "salt at the table" thing. Personally, I think
it doesn't need it.
2 fillets of halibut
2 cloves garlic
1 thai chili pepper
1 tbsp fresh sage
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 tsp honey
2 tsp butter
1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sriracha chili sauce
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 large circles of parchment paper
1. Place one fillet of halibut in center of parchment paper.
2. Top with finely chopped garlic and thai chili pepper (without seeds).
3. Put aside few leaves of sage for sauce, top remainder of sage and rosemary on fish.
4. Layer on thin slices of lemon, and small piece of butter.
5. Grind pepper to taste.
6. Close up the package, repeat with second fillet, and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
1. Combine 1/2 tsp finely chopped sage leaves, 1/2 tsp lemon zest, 1 tsp lemon juice, sriracha sauce, and honey.
2. Refrigerate sauce until fish ready.
3. Cut open fish packages, and pour sauce over fish before serving.
4. Serve the fish in the packets.
Back to Emily's Recipe Book