2 chicken breasts
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup finely diced carrots
1/2 cup finely diced celery
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1/2 can (3/4 cup) diced tomatoes
2 tbsp Toma Piemontese cheese
2 tbsp parmigiano reggiano
1/2 cup milk
Extra-virgin olive oil
Provenšal herb mixture (basil, oregano, rosemary, fennelseed, sage, bay leaf powder, marjoram, thyme)
Pepper and salt
1. The night before, marinate chicken breasts with olive oil, herb mixture, salt, and pepper in the fridge.
2. Next evening, brown chicken breasts in olive oil and then put aside.
3. Add garlic, carrots, celery, and onion into the pan of oil. 4. Add salt and pepper to taste, and cook until translucent.
5. Pour in 3/4 cup diced canned tomatoes and bring to simmer.
6. Replace chicken into pan and simmer on low until cooked, adding water if looking dry.
7. Near end of cooking, add diced Toma Piemontese and grated parmigiano reggiano, as well as milk.
8. Serve over pasta.
Back to Emily's Recipe Book