I made this for Christmas, so I decorated it with mint leaves and red M&Ms for holly. I suppose most people would decorate it with slices strawberries...
Ingredients for crust:
1 cup crushed graham crackers
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp margarine
Ingredients for filling:
1 250g package of Philly spreadable cream cheese
1 250g package of Philly cream cheese
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for glaze:
1 package strawberry Jell-O
1 tbsp gelatin
1-3/4 cup water
1/4 cup half-and-half cream
Mint leaves, mini M&M's, and icing sugar for garnish (or strawberries)
1. Combine crust ingredients (crushed graham crackers, sugar, margarine) well with a fork, then press into bottom of a 9" spring-loaded cake tray.
2. Separate egg whites and yolks. Whip egg whites into stiff peaks.
3. Whip cream until stiff.
4. Soften the harder block of cream cheese, then mix together with the spreadable cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg yolks.
5. Fold in whipped cream and egg whites.
6. Pour mixture on top of crust.
7. Bake at 360 degrees for 30 minutes.
8. Allow cake to cool and refridgerate for at least 3 hours.
9. Boil 1 cup water, and dissolve the Jell-O and gelatin in it.
10. Mix in the remaining 3/4 cup cold water and 1/4 cup cream.
11. Once cooled (but not set), pour Jell-O mixture over the cake to cover the top.
12. Allow glaze to set in refridgerator before garnishing.
13. Finally, carefully remove cake from the tray.
Back to Emily's Recipe Book