3+ cups flour
1 cup milk
1 cup margarine or butter
2 large stalks fresh rosemary
3 pieces sun-dried tomato
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Beat egg, and mix in milk and melted margarine or butter.
3. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture and mix well.
4. Add flour or water to good consistency of dough.
5. Chop rosemary leaves and sun-dried tomatoes into medium pieces, and fold into the dough.
6. Let dough rest in covered bowl for an hour in the fridge.
7. Dust board and rolling pin with flour and roll dough into 3/4 inch thick slab.
8. Cut into biscuits with floured rim of glass.
9. Arrange biscuits on a greased baking pan.
10. Bake at 375 degrees until golden.
Back to Emily's Recipe Book