Makes 2 servings.
2 cups beef broth
1/4 cup wild rice mix
1/4 cup porcini mushrooms
1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
1 tbsp flour
2 slices buffalo mozzarella
4 drops truffle oil
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Pour olive oil in pot on high heat and add chopped onions and a pinch of salt.
2. Sift in flour and turn down heat to low.
3. Mix occasionally, but allow to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Add water if dry.
4. Pour in beef broth and wild rice and boil gently for 30 minutes.
5. Add diced porcini mushrooms simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Turn down heat and add grated parmigiano reggiano.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Place a slice of buffalo mozzarella on the bottom of soup dish.
9. Ladle soup over the cheese to melt.
10. Mix in 2 drops of truffle oil in each bowl.
Back to Emily's Recipe Book